JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK - ChaplainElmendorf AFB
3RD WING CHAPEL
We are Here for You! Whatever you face, we can help, or point you in the right direction.
The Chapel Staff is a dynamic group committed to supporting the spiritual growth and important development of each person within our community. We offer ministries for singles, couples, children, young adults, as well as religious education and worship. We understand what you face in your military and family life. We offer a healthy place to worship, learn, socialize, question and explore. Your well-being is our mission.
- Confidential Counseling
- Protestant Worship & Sunday School
- Catholic Worship & Christian Formation
- Club Beyond Youth Program (JV & Varsity)
- Airmen & Young Adult Ministries
- Mountain Home Hospitality Chapel
7137 Fighter Dr
(Next to the Kashim Club)
9431 Luke Ave
(Across from the Susitna Club)
Hours of Operation:
Chapel Center -- 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Chapel Offices are located at the Chapel Center
For emergency assistance before and after duty hours, call the command post at 552-3000 and ask to speak to the duty chaplain.
Religious Program Schedule
Liturgical 9 a.m. Chapel Two
Traditional 9 a.m. Chapel One
Gospel noon Chapel One
Contemporary 5 p.m. Chapel One
Sunday Morning 10:30 a.m. Chapel One
Sunday Evening 5 p.m. (Winter) Chapel Two
Sunday Evening 7 p.m. (Summer) Chapel Two
Daily (Mon-Wed, Fri) 11:30 a.m. Chapel Center
Daily (Thurs) 11:30 a.m. Hospital Chapel
(Confession is available 30 min. prior to Sunday Evening Mass)
Religious Education/Sunday School
Protestant Bible Study - Wednesday (Sep-May)
Dinner 5:45 p.m. Chapel One
Classes 6:30 p.m. Chapel Center & Chapel One
Catholic Religious education - Sunday (Sep-May) Classes 9-10 a.m. Chapel Center
For more information:
10427 Kuter Ave
Elmendorf AFB, AK 99506
Fort Richardson, Alaska
The Ministry Team is trained to perform and provide comprehensive religious support to our military in a rapidly changing environment. Religious support is spiritually based, person centered, and relationship focused. It is provided for the soldiers, DOD Civilians, and family members assigned to the US Army Alaska, as well as the tenant units of our installation and retired military personnel/families in Alaska.
- Soldier & Family Ministry: Provide chaplain and chaplain assistant support to units, soldiers, families and family readiness groups, including direct and area coverage.
- Worship Opportunities: Provide for worship and religious activities at the three USARAK communities and for all units in garrison and field environments.
- Religious Education: Provide resources for religious education opportunities.
- Family Life Ministries: Provide Family Life Training for chaplains and other professional helpers and pastoral counseling for our soldiers and their families.
- Resource Management: Provide management for appropriated and non-appropriated fund resources in support of military, DOD civilians and families.
Catholic Daily Mass - 11:00 AM North Wing of Main Post Chapel
Catholic Sunday Mass - 9:30 AM Main Post Chapel
Protestant Worship - Sunday 1100 Main Post Chapel
Episcopal Worship - Sunday 9:45 North wing of Main Post Chapel