JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on post or finding a home off-post within the community.
- Once you have orders to move, contact The Housing Management Office(907) 552-4439. They can answer all of your housing questions and provide services such as referrals, resolving tenant-landlord disputes, and guidance for entering lease agreements.
On Base Housing
The Unaccompanied Housing Office (907) 552-9949 is reserved for airmen with less than 3 years of service within the ranks of E1-E4.
- JB Elmendorf-Richardson AFB on-base housing is privatized and operated by Aurora Military Housing (907) 753-1023, which offers nineteen neighborhoods - 11 designated to Elmendorf AFB and 8 designated to Fort Richardson. There are 70 different floor plans in all. The community is pet friendly and offers amenities such as: discounted TV, playgrounds, utilities included and complimentary renters insurance.
Off Base Housing
Looking to live off-post? Search our database for rentals and homes for sale.
Buy A House
- Click here to speak to a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes For Sale
- Click here for a List Of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
JB Elmendorf-Richardson is in the Anchorage area; Anchorage has about 298,000 people. The only other nearby community is Eagle River, a small town. It is about 15 minutes from central Anchorage to Elmendorf, in good weather, but there is often bad weather, and the city is spread out. The cities near JB Elmendorf-Richardson are Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak, and Birchwood.
About the Installation
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson is a joint base that was formed when Elmendorf Air Force Base and Fort Richardson merged during the Base Realignment and Closure Initiative. Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson is home to the headquarters of the United States Alaskan Command, the 11th Air Force, and the Alaskan North American Aerospace Defense Command Region. Other tenant commands assigned to the base include the United States Army Alaska, the 3rd wing, and the 673rd Air Base Wing. Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson is located near Anchorage, Alaska. For more information click here.